Monday 9 April 2012

Day 5
An adventure into the starter kitchen today as the chef in pastry didn't know what he was doing! I spent the morning helping to prepare components for the dishes, like peeling baby turnips (very tedious!) and making little quail egg scotch eggs. There wasn't many in for lunch so the service wasn't busy today and with no head chef in, everyone was quite relaxed and talking to me about becoming a chef.
The afternoon I spent being welcomed to asparagus season and doing another one of those jobs which nobody wants to do but needs to be done as I prepared a crate of asparagus. We were done by 2 and so had to help bail out the pastry section as he wasn't ready for service and I quickly had to make a batch of scones and finish the eclairs before 2.30! Luckily I knew what I was doing but the topping for the eclairs had gone funny so the job was left partially incomplete as I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment