Friday 6 April 2012

Day 3

I decided to go on a saturay today but have now realised this isn't actually the best day to go as there is more volunteers in and the resteruant is very busy meaning not much time for learning or space! I'm beginning to find my feet in pastry again as I work with another volunteer to make the macaroon, choux buns and also on my own lemon curd. I love the lemony taste and the balance of sweet and bitter that balances out to make this simple condiment. Here, they use it as an ingredient for other dishes and I believe it was going into a filling of tartlets which I went onto make. I still haven't figured out the recipe for the filling but I know it is labelled as lemon curd in their big walk in fridges yet lookes slightly like moose and was not the same lemon curd I had made. The little pastry tartlets are brushed with white chocolate, to prevent the pastry from going soggy with the filling (a brilliant little tip) and then filled with lemon curd, swipped to remove any excess, sprinkled with icing sugar and finally caramelised with a blow torch and finished with a single raspberry. A simple yet delicious pastry for the tea tray
Traditional Afternoon Tea Display

No comments:

Post a Comment