Monday 9 April 2012

Day 4
So it's the Easter Holidays and I'm back at Hartwell! There was not too much for me to do today as Phil wasn't in until 11 and the other chef was not too sure of what I should do. I started off by making mini loaves of bread for the cheese selection pudding. Each bit of dough was weighed out to exactly 75g and any spare that would not come to this amount was through away- it had to be perfect!
Afterwards I just did little jobs, like weighing out ingredients, cleaning the tables and chopping biscuits. When Phil arrived I began to do more and I spent the afternoon making banana parfait and strawberry mousse whilst talking about my controlled assessments. The banana parfait was made with eggs, cream, banana, sugar and water. The sugar and water is made into a syrup which cooks the wisked egg yolks to form a light parfait that is then frozen.
Banana Parfait Example

No comments:

Post a Comment